Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Summer Plans

With the school year winding down and summer quickly approaching, I bet you're all wondering where little old Yisong will be come June. For those in the Bay Area, get ready for some Yisong goodness. I'll be spending this summer interning at Google and generally having a good time in Mountain View and the likes. Everyone who won't be in NorCal this summer will be missing out.

My official title is "Decision Support Engineering Analyst Intern" but you can basically think of my job as helping Google design smarter search services. I was very fortunate to make contact with a team there that's working on projects closely related to my current research (and supported by Google's amazing infrastructure). I'd already turned down Google once before in favor of some other tech company, so I don't think I can pass up the opportunity again. I'm looking forward to a very exciting and productive summer.

In other news, some of my recent research has been accepted for publication at ICML 2009, so I'll be traveling to Quebec in June to present it. I'll also be making a trip to Boston in July to attend SIGIR 2009, along with a possible brief detour to Chicago to see a certain Silk Road production. I love summers, as they're always so full of excitement.

1 comment:

Jess said...

What an exciting summer! I can't wait to see what adventures you have to share with us. :)