Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Happy Decemberween

Despite its reputation for having a climate akin to that of an oven in heat, Phoenix does get a tad chilly during the winter. The high tomorrow is a brisk 57 degrees Fahrenheit. I know, it's not quite the sun burnt paradise one hopes for when deciding to travel to this land of the flaming reborn mythic bird-type creature bullshit.

The previous winter break, my family had decided to visit the Grand Canyon. So as to not use up all of our originality points, we decided to visit that big hole the ground again this year. Well... the real reason is that we have some additional visitors from overseas this time.

Sadly (or not so sadly), the world of research is never too far away. I've brought with me a nice little stack of papers to read, as well as my own paper to write. I'll also have to cut my winter break a little short because my trip to Microsoft last month was rescheduled to January due to a snow storm in Ithaca canceling my flight. Yeap, gotta love that winter wonderland.

Some pictures below. Happy Holidays everyone!





3 comments:

Parisa said...

Your outfit matches the natural surroundings so nicely. I'm just about to fly back to California. You missed a nice -1F with wind chill night in Chitown this week. Next year I'm having Christmas with you in Phoenix.

Yisong said...

I saw some nice hiking trails down the side of the canyon too...

Lena said...

lol