Thursday, December 06, 2007

End of Semester Frenzy

This semester has definitely been the busiest I've had thus far in graduate school. Last year, I had the luxury of starting a research project during the summer. As a result, I barely felt any rush to complete my project as conference deadlines approached.

Due to my internship and trips to Europe this past summer, my current project didn't really get going until halfway through the semester. I also had to spend some time getting re-adjusted to life at school. Afterwards, my advisor and I threw around ideas for a bit (think broadly was his advice) before I settled into what I'm working on now.

Luckily, my project over the summer at Microsoft landed me a workshop paper. I'll be presenting at the Machine Learning for Web Search workshop at NIPS on Friday.

My flight leaves at 7am this morning. Seeing as how I overslept my last flight that left at 7am (to UIUC for RP 2006 -- which I ended up missing entirely), I decided to just burn the midnight oil this time.

And now that I've finished my bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats, I suppose I should make sure all my travel gear is in order.

5 comments:

Keenan said...

>And now that I've finished my bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats

Man, first it was product placement in movies, then in video games, now in Yisong's blog... does the world of advertising have no shame?

Yisong said...

Hahaha =)

Lena said...

You went out of town and didn't tell me???

Yisong said...

Well, all right. I'm going out of town this weekend too =)

ThinkingFish said...

Burning midnight oil is also what I did last week to catch a 7:30 bus to the airport.