Friday, August 24, 2007

Halftime at Tuebingen

Greetings from Tuebingen, Germany. I'm approximately halfway through my two-week stay while attending the Machine Learning Summer School. I've been kept pretty busy these days, with festivities beginning at 9am and often concluding at around 10pm.

One notable activity I partook in was a punting trip down the River Neckar



Here's a shot of our local guide, Cheng, boldly navigating the gentle river.

I also gave it a go, albeit much less successfully.

Ducks in these parts have no fear of humans. In fact, they often follow boaters around in hopes of landing a free meal.

It was a lovely trip.


Well, it looks like my time here is up, dumb blog. Free time seems to be at a premium these days. Perhaps all the complimentary alcohol has something to do with it.

2 comments:

Parisa said...

I've been punting before! Did you feed the ducks or were you too selfish with your food?

Yisong said...

I didn't think to bring food with me on the punting trip. I do feed them my extra bread during breakfast.