Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Beethoven Aftermath

In the aftermath of the Beethoven's 9th performance, life has been relatively boring compared to all the rehearsing and anticipation before. I've been splitting my time working on my research, classes, TA duties, and basketball. The NBA playoffs has been pretty exciting thus far, with my hometown Bulls doing quite well for themselves.

I attended an interesting talk today (or, I guess, yesterday) by Geoffrey West, president of the Santa Fe Institute. Professor West's research studies underlying theories governing complex systems. He discussed how fundamental theories of can predict properties of complex systems spanning an enormous range of scale differences. Some of his comments about sustainable development made me a little uncomfortable, but I suppose he's earned the right to say pretty much whatever he wants.

I'll conclude this rather bland post with a rather bland funny picture.

1 comment:

http://www.punchyreviews.com/who-writes-my-essay-for-me/ said...

Obviously this is so important to use the proper knowledge in here. Through this is not easy for us but we hope it can possible of us. I hope it should be help full for us to gain knowledge.