Sunday, January 21, 2007

Southeastern US Tour -- Part II

Having completed my tour around Florida, I've now returned to chilly Ithaca. While the climate conditions in upstate New York are somewhat of a downer, there is indeed no place like home. I'm not much of a tropics guy anyways for a number of reasons, so extending the trip any longer probably would have come with negative drawbacks.

Picking up where the last post left off, we traveled from Key Biscayne to Miami (South Beach to be more precise). There, I found myself in the biggest tourist trap I've ever been to within the United States. As a result, all the merchandise were extremely marked up, and I ended up paying $25 for a crappy sandwich and milkshake.





The weather at Miami was just about perfect. Unfortunately, our schedule didn't permit us to spend any time on the beach, as we had an important concert at Naples that evening.

After a couple more concerts, we ended our tour in Orlando. We spent our last day at Universal Studios' Islands of Adventure theme park.





While visually appealing, I actually found the theme park to be somewhat of a disappointment, especially when compared to Six Flags Great America, which I grew up next to. I ended up leaving after a while to watch some football at a nearby Hard Rock Cafe.



I saw this sign while waiting in line for a Spider Man ride at Islands of Adventure. Needless to say, I was slightly amused.

For those looking for nicer pictures than mine, check out Ryan's gallery. For those looking for a funny video, check out our glee club president attempting to play horse.

So now I've returned, feeling a little bit under the weather (pun intended), footsore from walking around in dress shoes so much, a few pounds heavier, somewhat more tan than normal, and graced by the gift of music. All in all, it was a good trip.

2 comments:

Parisa said...

Hmmm... worse than Great America. That is a bit troubling.

Yisong said...

As far as I can tell, Great America is actually pretty good as far as them parks go, especially in terms of size. Well, maybe I'm more forgiving because I used to work there...