Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Chicago

There is no city quite like Chicago. I'll probably know it to be home for some time to come, even though I have no actual physical ties to the city anymore. I live in Ithaca now, and my parents have moved to Phoenix. But it's hard to break away when you've lived in or around the city for 17 years. It's one of the more impressive cities in the world, and certainly one of the tallest. The skyline is a sight to behold (especially at night). And so I thought I'd share some of the photos I'd taken of the city recently.


Looking down Madison from Michigan Ave


Millenium Park Crown Fountain area


The Sears Tower


Looking north from Millenium Park


The view south from Navreet's apartment


Another look down Madison


A piece of that beautiful skyline


The Art Institute


A close-up on a lion statue in front of the Art Institute


Cloud Gate (aka the big bean)


The view down from Jessica Stein's place


The Crown Fountain at night


The summer dance festival


Ok, so this fella was sitting outside begging for money while sporting a nice set of headphones. I was a little too self-conscious to get close for a nice shot, so I settled for this blurry picture. At any rate, I was amused.

No comments: